Call for Applications - Research Officer
Job specification – Research Officer (Grade 4)
Catholic Social Services Australia (CSSA) is the national peak social services body of the Catholic Church. CSSA's vision includes the production of research and evidence to inform public opinion and support lawmakers to develop socially just and compassionate social policy. In line with Catholic Social Teaching, CSSA also supports its member agencies to realise a fairer and more inclusive society. Each year, CSSA's membership receives $800 million to provide services to over 450,000 vulnerable Australians. CSSA's members serve across metropolitan, regional and remote Australia. Over the last two years, CSSA has expanded its research vision and plan. As a result, CSSA now seeks to expand the research capability within its small team.
About this role
CSSA has recently commissioned a research project in partnership with the ANU Centre of Social Research Methods. This research will identify the factors that drive entrenched disadvantage in Australian suburbs, as well as the relative power, population impact and future projection of these drivers. The purpose of this research is to inform better service planning and delivery across the membership, as well as inform government policy in places of entrenched disadvantage. The Research Officer role will be to support the CSSA Director (Research) in the management of this newly commissioned research project.
- Work type: Casual – short term contract
- Location: Canberra / ACT
- Classification: Level 4 (CSSA Award)
- Salary package: Casual rate $40.00 per hour – plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Term: Part time July-December 2019 (0.4 FTE)
In their role as Research Officer, the applicant will be expected to:
- Support the CSSA Director (Research) in project management activities;
- Conduct reviews of literature and relevant documentation;
- Support the analysis activities of ANU and member partners;
- Support research codesign and impact activity.
- Liaise with financial partners from the CSSA membership;
- Provide administrative support to the Director and project;
- Other duties as directed.
- Undergraduate or graduate qualifications in social sciences or economics and/or equivalent experience in relevant research methods;
- Experience providing project management leadership and support;
- Knowledge of literature and research around poverty and entrenched disadvantage;
- Awareness of the social services sector and the place of Catholic social services within the sector;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within the policies and procedures of CSSA;
- An understanding of and willingness to work within the mission and identity of the CSSA.
Applicants are requested to submit a one to two page summary addressing the Selection Criteria and a CV to Brenton.Prosser@cssa.org.au by Monday 24 June 2019.
Any enquires should be made to Brenton Prosser on 02 62851366.
Full position description is available here.
CSSA is an equal employment opportunity employer and promotes and supports a family friendly workplace. The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia and may be required to provide a Working with Children Check or a suitable Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
We respect your privacy. Please access our privacy collection notice here